Upcoming Exhibitions/ News:
- As the conclusion of a 3 month artist residency at Free Oakland UP, my work will be on view until January 3rd. I utilized donations made to the space and recontextulized them to explore how objects and materials become gendered.
Free Oakland UP
2809 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94602
Open Thursday thru Sunday 12 to 4 pm thru 1/3/16
Artist reception Sunday 12/13 from 12-4 pm
Recent Exhibition/ News:
- I participated in a Plein Air Art Escapist event at Montalvo on September 27th 2015
- My work was part of a faculty swap between SF City College and Coastline College during the fall semester of 2015
- My work was included in the exhibition, Dirt Dialogues at the 20th World Congress of Soil Science in Jeju, Korea in June 2014 and the Soil Culture Forum in Falmouth, England in July 2014
- My work has been included in the book, The Soil Underfoot: Infinite Possibilities for a Finite Resource
The chapter I'm included in is written by Alexandra Toland who has been researching the use of soil in Contemporary Art.
For more info about her research:
- Strange Bedfellows at Root Division Summer of 2013 (and traveling through 2015)
- Re:told At Root Division in July of 2012 (co-curated by myself & Kija Lucas)
- California at Berkeley Art Center
- Cashing Out at Kala Art Institute, Berkeley, CA
- Outlandish at Bedford Gallery, Walnut Creek, CA
- Mills MFA Thesis Show, 2011: Walking Backwards Forward
Here is a link to Kristin Farr's write-up about my work and my thesis show from 2011: